What’s this? Linux emulator for Windows!
QUOTECooperative Linux is the first working free and open source method for optimally running Linux on Microsoft Windows natively. More generally, Cooperative Linux (short-named coLinux) is a port of the Linux kernel that allows it to run cooperatively alongside another operating system on a single machine. For instance, it allows one to freely run Linux on Windows 2000/XP, without using a commercial PC virtualization software such as VMware.
* New: cofs rename allows to overwrite files with ReadOnly attrib.
* New: cofs supports flat file modes “rwx” for owner. Mount option “noattrib” disables these attribute mapping for older compatibility.
* Use “setcobd=async” to enable asynchronous mode for cobd devices.
* Bug #2013435: cobd supports read-only files now.
* Bug #2152550: cofs atime and mtime was swapped on time set.
* Bug #2176188: File sync wrong on cofs, command after mv/rename fails.
* pcap-bridge: Fix suspend problems. Reconnect after loosing adapter.
* New network “ndis-bridge” works in kernel mode and is the faster alternative to pcap-bridge. (Ligong Liu)
* Bug #1396539: Fixing the “eth0: duplicate address detected!”. New filter rule for ndis-bridge and pcap-bridge is: “(ether dst MAC) or (multicast and not ether src MAC)”
* Bug #2055697: Crashing SLiRP under heavy usage ktorrent. (Shai Vaingast)
* Bug #2357494,#2365031: ndis-bridge was not working with PPPoE, AoE and others types as IP and ARP packets. Type filter removed now.
Console and daemons:
* New: Added “cocon=COLSxROWS” to use console size, other than 80×25.
* Bug #1117788: Fix sticky ALT after system menu from ALT-Space.
* Bug #2013501: Stop with error message on empty parameters.
* Bug #2593186: FLTK console command prompt display problems. (Shai Vaingast)
* Bugfix: Enclose spaces in current directory for install-service.
* scsi: New device for images with partition tables and works async. Usage “scsi0=disk,file.img” or “scsi1=cdrom,file.iso” (Steve Shoecraft)
* Added virtual pci device handling. “lspci” is working (Steve Shoecraft)
* Add PG_co_host_mapped, save many OS switching times: speed up coLinux.
* New: /proc/colinux/stats show counts of OS switches.
* unionfs-2.2.4 added as module. (Marwan Al-Sabbagh)
* Add sysenter / sysexit restoration support, for cpu with SEP feature.
* Bug #2524658: GPF on raid5/6 md array by accessing MMX/XMM-registers.
* Feature req #2114493: Add iscsi kernel support (CONFIG_ISCSI_TCP).
* New images: Fedora 10, Ubuntu 7.10
* Enable host kernel debug via registry [HKLM\SOFTWARE\coLinux] “Debug”
Updated libraries and tools:
* mingw 3.14
* w32api 3.11
Get it HERE.