This release includes a large number of bug fixes, feature enhancements, and new features.
Fixed Crashing Bugs
* restore savestate error recovery functionality. Will prevent crashes after savestate error messages
* Fixed – Low speeds (1%) crash FCEUX
* fixes bug where palflag 1 in .fm2 files crashes fceux
* FCEUX no longer crashes when attempting to open a non movie file
* Buffer overflow (change vsprintf to vsnprintf)
Minor Bug fixes
* SRAM not wiped on power cycle (during movies)
* Moviefilenames without extension now automatically get fm2
* auto-fill .fcs extension in save state as dialog
* FCM>FM2 converter releases file handle
* fix a new bug in windows build which caused fourscore emulation to fail in some cases
* Player 3 no longer inputs when not used
* prints a special message when trying to open an FCM reminding user to convert.
* fixes bug where Avi recording with no sound messes up the format
* Fixed bug where Convert .fcm didn’t do special characters
* fixed the (null) in the default lua directory listing
* Ctrl+X now works in the memory watch dialog
* Dialog window positions won’t “disappear” (-32000 protection on all dialogs that remember x,y)
* fixed View Slots bug – will now always show the used slots
* added shift+L as default hotkey for reload lua script
* added input display to the FCEUX main menu
* change config filename from fceu98.cfg to fceux.cfg
* restore IPS patching capability which was lost when archive support was added
* restore ungzipping (and unzipping in sdl) capability which was lost when archive support was added
* re-enable an “author” text field in the record movie dialog
* re-enable support for old-format savestates. (Note: can not be loaded into a movie!)
* Added new toggle – frame adv. – lag skip (menu item + hotkey mapping + saved in config), will cause frame adv. to skip frames where input is not read
* Added support for loading movies from archives (just like ROM files). Note: Movies loaded from an archive file will be read-only.
* movie replay dialog displays fractions of a second on movie length
* Savestates now save the Lagcounter information.
* added a mute turbo option in sound config
* add an option to pick a constant color to draw in place of BG when BG rendering is disabled (look for gNoBGFillColor in config).
* remove cnrom chr rom size limit for homebrew roms
* mmc5 – 64KB WRAM games now work correctly
* mmc5 – use of chr A regs for BG in sprite 8×8 mode is fixed
* upgrade to cah4e3's latest mapper 163&164 code to fix a crash in a game
* Debugger – restore snap functionality
* Debugger – add FORBID breakpoints – regions which block breakpoints from happening if they contain the PC
* Debugger – debugger window is now resizeable
* nametable viewer will display correct NT,CHR,ATTR data in more cases (specifically, including some exotic mmc5 cases).
* Savestates remember Lua painting
* add memory.readbyterange to emulua
* SDL: fixed –input(1-4) options. input1 and 2 are regular inputs, input3 and 4 are famicom expansion inputs
* SDL fix configfile woes. configfile now goes to ~/.fceux/fceux.cfg
* SDL: fixed segfault when opening .fcm files
* SDL: Saner sound defaults for less choppy sound
* SDL: “–special” option fixed for special video scaling filters
* SDL: cleaned up the SConsruct
* SDL: fixed issue where fceu would lock up when file dialogs were opened during fullscreen
* SDL: fixed bug where fceux would close when file dialogs were closed
* SDL: File open dialog is now used to movie playback
* SDL: File open wrapper now takes a titlebar argument
* SDL: Cleanup of usage
* SDL: rename options –no8lim -> –nospritelim and –color -> –ntsccolor
* SDL: Screenshots now always prepend the game name.
* SDL: Changed default A/B from numpad 2 and 3 to j and k.
* SDL: Enable frameskip by default
* SDL: Fixed a bug that would crash fceux if the emulation speed was overincreased
* SDL: New default hotkeys to more closely match win32 defaults
* SDL: Added lua script loading hotkey (f3). Non win32 SDL requires zenity for this to function.
* SDL: Build script cleanup; also added option for DEBUG builds.
>> Get it HERE.