Neogeo emulator for Unix
A new version of GnGeo has just been released!
It features various enhancements such as the official switch to a directory (with one file per ROM) instead of a single & huge file (the old romrc) to manage all the ROM drivers in a more flexible way, many GP2X port improvements (easier way to exit, new menu system, bug with volume change fixed…), the addition of a biospath option which is now used to define BIOS files location instead of rompath that now only indicates where to look for ROMs (ie. BIOS may be in a separate directory than ROMs), etc.
You may see the complete changelog for details and grab GnGeo 0.7 packages (including GnGeo2X) from our new BerliOS project’s download area.
By the way, you certainly noticed the new layout and available pages. An emulator such as GnGeo deserved a better website, so now there is a lot more content, an updated pastel design, and the whole is 100% dynamic and standard compliant! Enjoy
Changes in 0.7
* GP2X/ARM Save state support for cyclone and drz80
* GP2X: Change the exit sequence to L&R&Select or L&R&Start. Actually it's not really an exit sequence anymore…
* GP2X: Add a minimal menu system (access it via the “exit” sequence
* Add longname option in the romrc.d files to describe tha full name of a driver (must be the first line of the .rc file)
* Support dos line ending in the rom.rc files and in the gngeorc file
* Fix various automake stuff to allow Multi-Architecture Builds
* Romrc.d officially replace the big romrc file. Every game have a unique file (ie: mslug.rc) that go to $(prefix)/share/gngeo/romrc.d by default. The path is configurable via the romrcdir option
* Add biospath option. This option tel where the bios is. Now you can have your roms and your bios in different place
* GP2X: Fix TVout with Selector (still some work to do)
* Fix a bug with error handling when a bios file isn’t present.
* GP2X: Add Squidge’s MMU Hack (via mmuhack.o module, more stable).
* GP2X: Fix the bug that prevent volume change when using a .cf file
* Fix miexchng slowdown, again
>> Get it HERE.