– 03405: [Misc.] trckydoc trckydoca: Default hiscore wrong (Pierpaolo Prazzoli)
– 03412: [Gameplay] goindol and clones: Unable to control and graphics corrupted (Tafoid)
– 03404: [Crash/Freeze] Some drivers using mc6845.c: Access Violation (hap)
– 01043: [DIP/Input] m79amb: There’s considerable difficulty in aiming in the game. (hap)
– 01754: [Graphics] tm7k, tm, tm3k, tm4k, tm5k: Background Color/Palette Incorrect (Luca Elia)
– 02191: [Sound] wseries, basebal2, dblplay, strkzone: Speech quality regression (couriersud)
– 02608: [Color/Palette] machomou: Colors are wrong. (hap)
Intel 8085: [Curt Coder]
– refactored callbacks to use devcb
– added 8080A variant
Added helper macros to devcb for input lines tied to GND/Vcc. [Curt Coder]
Added Dirt Dash wave ROM redumps [Guru]
Battle Zone discrete sound & discrete sound additions: [couriersud]
– added discrete sound to battle zone
– engine frequency (resistor R11) can be changed with slider
– discrete sound may be disabled by setting BZONE_DISCRETE to 0 in bzone.h
Discrete sound improvements: [couriersud]
– DISCRETE_RCDISC3: added diode junction voltage; junction voltage also indicates polarity
– DISCRETE_OPAMP_FILTER: added type DISC_OP_AMP_FILTER_IS_LOW_PASS_1M; INP2 takes role of v_ref in this type
– DISCRETE_OPAMP: fixed a bug (possible divide by 0)
– DISCRETE_LFSR: fixed bug preventing output of shift reg to sub node 1
SNES improvements: [Angelo Salese]
– Fixed half colour blending behaviour
Added infrastructure to compile universal standalone disassembler: [Aaron Giles]
– added unidasm to the tools build
– split the disassemblers out of libcpu and into new libdasm
– ensured the disassembly entry points for all disassemblers are in the source file for the disassembler (sometimes new generic versions were created)
Improvements to Noraut Poker driver… [Roberto Fresca]
* Switched to pre-defined Xtal clock.
* Changed the way how graphics are banked/accessed.
* Fixed the graphics offset and number of tiles per bank.
* Added new set: Noraut Red Hot Joker Poker.
* Added new set: Noraut Poker (NTX10A).
* Added new set: Noraut Joker Poker (V3.010a).
* Fixed the tile size/decode for the first GFX bank.
* Added proper norautrh inputs, including the readout button.
* Added partial DIP switches to norautrh.
* Added an extra DIP switch to Noraut Red Hot Joker Poker.
* Also added DIP locations to the whole bank.
* Added a default NVRAM for Noraut Joker Poker
* Executed a trojan on 2 noraut systems to confirm the way 16×32 tiles are decoded.
* Fixed the x-offset for 32×32 tiles lines.
* Fixed the screen aspect and visible area.
* Confirmed correct colors. No bipolar PROM involved.
* Added Noraut Joker Poker hardware and PCB layouts.
* Documented the discrete audio circuitry. Added a full diagram.
* Fixed the coin counters.
* Documented all the output ports.
* Added a scheme with descriptions for every existent port.
* Added full lamps support to naroutp, naroutjp, naroutrh and naroutpn.
* Created lamps layouts for 11 and 12-lamps scheme.
* Rerouted some inputs to mantain the inputs layout.
* Renamed some inputs to match the text with the real cab buttons.
* Removed the imperfect colors flag from the existent sets.
* Added 2 different control panel layouts to the source.
* Updated technical notes.
Fixed redundancy in clock speed assignments in some drivers by cleaning all divided by 1 (/1) instances. [Tafoid]
Argonaut SuperFX core improvements: [Anonymous]
– Hooked up Branch instructions
– Fixed numerous SuperFX core bugs.
– Improved disassembler to more gracefully handle ALT* opcode effects.
– Corrected instruction behaviors: STOP, SUB, SBC, SUBI, CMP
– Added LSR and ROL opcodes
– Updated instructions to use the safer superfx_gpr_write: LOOP, PLOT, INC, DEC
– Added missing register writeback to LMS
– Corrected carry flag behavior in ROL opcode
– Corrected BRA target address calculation (maybe still wrong)
– Corrected LOOP target address calculation
– Made sure that FROM sets cpustate->sreg_idx
– Disabled RAM/ROM clocking, going with instant transfer for now
– Understood and re-enabled pipelined instruction architecture, Star Fox runs farther
– Fixed a ridiculous typo in ROL instruction
– Fixed overflow flag calculation on ADDI / ADCI
– Fixed lack of register reset after ADD / ADC / ADDI / ADCI
tmaster.c update [Luca Elia]
– implemented carts banking and multiple EEPROMs
– added “pen replacement” blit mode
– fixed palette size
Discrete work [couriersud]
– change the way custom modules are handled
– updated drivers mario and dkong accordingly
– minor change to stream input handling
– no more linear lists for nodes. All node processing switched to linked lists.
– module step and reset now only get a node pointer passed
– Added discrete_info * pointer to node
– Only nodes with a step routine actually get processed.
– Fixed a bug: discrete logs did not work since some time
– preliminary parallel task constants; depending on results these may vanish again.
– Overall slight performance increase. dkong 940% to 960%, galaxian 740% to 790%
Fix NULL timers crash in the mc6845. [hap]
Fixed IM2 interrupt cycles in the Z80 core. [eke]
– Decoded all protection data for B.Rap Boys [David Haywood, Tomasz Slanina]
– Cleaned up decryption function for B.Rap Boys external Rom [David Haywood]
– Improved video emulation for B.Rap Boys [David Haywood]
– Marked several GFX roms as bad on B.Rap Boys [David Haywood]
– Improved protection simulation logic w/regards to writeback addresses, allowing B.Rap Boys to boot [Tomasz Slanina]
– Redumped GFX Roms [Guru]
– Added hitbox simulation based on suprnova / game requirements [Tomasz Slanina]
– Converted MCU writes to use write_byte [David Haywood]
– Added kludge to reset MCU data write address to prevent game from running out of ram and crashing [David Haywood]
– Added DSWs [David Haywood]
– Added eeprom support to the B Rap Boys protection simulation [David Haywood]
– Change to priorities to fix some visibility problems. [David Haywood]
Added correct U2 sound ROM to the mk3 sets [MK3Fan – Mike]
Discrete sound parallel tasks support: [couriersud]
– Introduced DISCRETE_TASK_START, DISCRETE_TASK_END
– DISCRETE_TASK_START: Start a new task. A task is a set of nodes which only depend on input nodes and nodes in the set
– DISCRETE_TASK_END(task_output_node): Marks the end of the task. task_output_node is the node whose output over time should be preserved. This node can be accessed by nodes in the main thread.
– Illustrated the concept in the dkong discrete emulation. This also has been enhanced to buffer DAC output.
– Discrete tasks now support multiple task output nodes
Further discrete changes: [couriersud]
– DISCRETE_OUTPUT now is a stepping node.
– DISCRETE_STREAM_INPUT now advances input pointer in step.
– More linked_list usage.
Pit Boss driver updates: [Brian Troha]
– Corrected rom names for the Megastar & Supertouch 30
– Added missing rom to Supertouch 30 and verified old bad_dumps
– Added documentation about the Megastar sets
– Made pbst30b a clone of pbst30 and added program versions to the name, IE: Pit Boss Supertouch 30 (9234-10-01)
Fixed B-Rap Boys sound banking [Phil Bennett]
Sigma Poker: Fixed duplicated definition of Hold 2 button. Added the missing Hold 3 button. [Roberto Fresca]
Continued discrete sound system “list-ification”: [couriersud]
– No more constraints on number of input and output nodes
– input nodes now make use of a context
Removed osd_is_bad_read_ptr function. [Aaron Giles]
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
Noraut Red Hot Joker Poker [Roberto Fresca, Alan Griffin]
Galaxy Games StarPak 2 [Luca Elia, Siftware]
Great Football [Kevin Eshbach, Charles MacDonald, Smitdogg, Dumping Union]
Pit Boss Megastar (9244-00-01) [Mariusz Wojcieszek]
B.Rap Boys / B.Rap Boys Special [David Haywood, Tomasz Slanina, Luca Elia]
Billiard [Alexander Stakhanov, CaH4e3, Black1972]
New clones added
Kollon (V2.04JC) [Joerg Hartenberger, Frank Berlt]
Mortal Kombat Turbo Ninja (rev 3.1 T-Unit 03/19/93, hack) [MK3Fan – Mike]
Pit Boss Megastar (9244-00-01) [Brian Troha, Dumping Union]
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING
Noraut Poker (NTX10A) [Roberto Fresca, Alan Griffin]
Noraut Joker Poker (V3.010a) [Roberto Fresca, Alan Griffin]