PCX emulator for Xbox
- Added “Throttle Method” option to game configuration screen. The original way that throttling was handled in all versions prior to v14 is that once you hit the throttle/FF button once, it would set a flag that would never get cleared, even after you release the throttle/FF button. In v14, I “fixed” this bug, but apparently people liked the bug – so now they have the option of making use of it. It defaults to the way things were before v14.
* Select the core on the game configuration screen. If the core you wish to use is not the current XBE that is running, the appropriate XBE will be launched with the game you selected as the parameter.
The 1.4core XBE must be called “DEFAULT14.XBE”
The 1.5core XBE must be called “DEFAULT.XBE”
The 1.6core XBE must be called “DEFAULT16.XBE”
All of the XBEs must be in the same directory.
* Possibly improved load state. I’m pretty sure that in this version of PCSXBox some variables are set up more correctly than in previous versions when completing a load state. The default is to have this new load state method on by default, but if you find that your saved states no longer load, then turn off the “Use Newer Restore State” option on the game configuration menu.
* Somewhat reduced the frequency/duration of the brief pauses during gameplay.
* Included game configuration option to save the memory card data with the save states.
* New SPU option "Sound Timer". Originally the sound code was executed synchronously with the CPU emulation. Putting it in threaded mode seems to give a few extra FPS on average, so it is the new default. If your games sound different and you want to go back to an original setting, go to your game configuration -> Set SPU Fixes -> Sound Timer Method and set it to "Original" instead of "Threaded".