Forum

Retro game contest ...

Notifications
Clear all

Retro game contest #1

(@vampyre-mike)

Gaming has always been a part of my life since I was a child, whether it was bonding with my parents and brother, or playing my first NES at my grandparent's apartment as a kid. 

I have wonderfully fond memories of playing Sega CD at my friend's home as a kid and being blown away that I was controlling what looked like a movie at the time. I never thought there would be anything that looked any better. 

Years later I would revisit the Sega CD with another friend and my love for it would start all over again, leading to me eventually obtaining a full US set. (Though sadly some aren't complete in box).

As much as I love jumping online and getting to speak to my friends on Xbox live, nothing can replicate the popping in of a cartridge or disc and being transported to another world, and then sharing those experiences with friends in the school yard via word of mouth.

I wish we had simpler times again, all around. 

Topic starter Posted : 26/01/2024 6:45 pm
dmb062082_ reacted
dmb062082_
(@dmb062082_)
Retro Gsmer Admin

That was awesome to hear Mike. I too had a Sega CD and a few games. Prizefighter was pretty cool for it's FMV type scenes. Same with night trap. The Sega CD was ahead of its time.

“Yes,there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on.”
― Led Zeppelin 😎

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/01/2024 7:48 pm
Share: